At Milne Electric and Technologies we are proud to offer on call 24-hour emergency response to make sure that your business is always running seamlessly and on schedule. Our staff is eminently knowledgable and experienced in all areas of electrical work. Not only that, but we will painstakingly tailor a custom maintenance plan to your needs, including planned preventative maintenance.
Our objective is to interface with the design and installation of building systems with each other. Also to interface with the rest of the the trades such as MEP, structural steel, concrete, drywall and all the trades inside the building. Results of coordination are, for example, fewer conflicts, fewer delays in construction, less rework, less site supervision, less administrative burden, and fewer conflicts between contractors.
Our services include:
• Service Work / Moves, adds, changes / MAC
• Planned Preventative Maintenance
• Lighting Retrofits & Maintenance
• Design Consulting
• Tenant Improvements
• Generator Installs/Upgrades
• Power Monitoring
• 24 Hour Emergency Service
• Electrical Troubleshooting
• Custom Maintenance Programs
Construction - Large Projects
At Milne Electric we understand that large construction jobs can be a challenging venture for any business. Our dedicated teams of profes- sionals are ready and willing to apply all of their knowledge and skills for the betterment of your company.No matter how large the project, Milne’s experienced staff will bring the best ideas and paramount execution to your project.
Whether during the design, extimation, preconstruction or construction phases, our prefabrication methods can identify opportunities to lower costs, build in value, and support your project schedule. Benefits include:
• Overall cost reduction through managing effort and material
• Flexibility: AGILE means that changes in design, scope or schedule can be addressed quickly and locally
• Safety: More work is done in controlled, organized and ergonomic environment
• Improved site and facility logistics: whether on a new site or in occupied space it means:
• Scheduling becomes more predictable: variables are addressed before the materials arrive on site
• Shorter task durations
• Improved trade coordination
• Less equipment and tooling and reduced site storage requirements taking valuable space
• Less waste and scrap to be handled on site
• Improved security through fewer people requiring access
Our firm has had extensive experience in participating in the MEP thorugh Auto CAD. We coordinate installation drawings up to BIM, which encompasses building geometry, spatial relationships, geographic information, and quantities and properties of building components. BIM-enabled MEP coordination places the user into a collaborative virtual environment that facilitates realtime coordination and clash detection capabilities. Additionally, major efficiencies can be realized in fabricating MEP materials directly from the building information model.
Elements for MEP coordination
• Architectural elements like interior walls and ceiling
• Structural elements like the main structural framing, slabs, and foundations
• Mechanical systems like duct work, etc.
• Plumbing systems like the gravity lines and hot and cold water piping
• Electrical systems like the major conduits and cable trays
• Fire protection systems with the mains and branches
• Other specialty systems like medical gases depending on the project
• It is recommended that the coordination process begins as soon as all the parties are selected.
• Planning needs to take place early
• Ability to deal with people and project challenges
• Technical Knowledge of software
• Knowledge of building systems.
• It is more critical to coordinate heavily congested areas like Electrical rooms.
Clash Detection Description:
A process in which Clash Detection software is utilized during the coordination process to determine field conflicts by comparing 3D models of building systems. The goal of clash detection is to eliminate the major system conflicts prior to installation.